|Obviously not my MRI. I am taller. A good|
stand in from the internet.
Nunley scheduled surgical repair for Tuesday April 10, 2012 with a projected running return 9 months from now. The tendons do not have the capability to heal lateral tears. I was rather relieved that I did not really have a choice. I could severe the remaining tendons exiting the car or foxtrotting and their condition will only degrade with time. I am announcing Umstead Trail Marathon 2013 my comeback race. I am hoping for a 100% return to function and an Umstead 100 mile 2014 debut.
My understanding of the recovery timeline.
1) Trained angry monkeys gnaw through my ankle.
2) Surgeon shows off Milwaukee tool skills.
3) A lot of debridement, excising, and removal.
4) Put Ryan Dumpty back together again.
5) Two weeks toes above nose with an open splint to for allow swelling.
6) 6 to 8 weeks in a weight bearing cast
7) A walking boot for 2-4 months
8) 3 months of physical therapy
9) At the 9 month mark, my first run.
|Very similar to chicken tenderloin prep.|
|I am starting to understand vegans.|
|This is what the MRI suggests. I am hoping for greater than 50% |
material remaining, so as to save the tendon.
If you have eight minutes and a solid stomach click here for the full procedure on YouTube.